This list service is for Takilma Community members both near and far.
It is not meant to be like social media, rather more of an e-bulletin board.
Members are required to follow guidelines arrived at by consensus, we hope it serves you well!
1. The goal of this group is to communicate important primarily LOCAL information with one another.
2. Be nice! Please do not send out rumors or attack any organization or individual. Inappropriate posts cannot be deleted so all posts must wait for moderator approval. Repeat offenders will be unsubscribed.
3. Please limit your posts to 3 per week. Be concise, 200 words or less is preferred.
4. Please donít post a reply, question or comment for one person to the whole group.
5. You may only post a notification of an event, buying or selling items,
information, inquiry, etc. ONE time.
5.0 Local, Illinois Valley Non-profits; no limitations beyond the 3-post per person limit per week. Local, handmade or grown products from for profit businesses- can post new products and repeat once a month. Local businesses that do not make their own products- may post 4 times per year, ideally about 3 months apart.
5.1 Local class schedules, recurring events and such may be posted once a month. Non-local business advertisements and all business newsletters are prohibited.
6. Clearly state a relevant subject heading for each post. When replying to a post in the digest version please adjust the subject line appropriately.
7. Please keep each thread to a single subject and start a new thread when changing subjects.
8. Takilma Community E-mail has no responsibility for the truthfulness, accuracy or legality of any information posted and how it is applied.
ATTENTION REPORTERS: ALL INFORMATION POSTED IS "OFF THE RECORD."
9. Member e-mail addresses are available to other takilma e-mail group members only and not to be shared.
10. PLEASE IDENTIFY YOURSELF! Always include enough info so people know who you are and can't mistake you for anyone else. Recommended is to include at least two of the following three: your full name, area you live, phone number.
11. If you refer someone to join our group they must sign up themselves, include their full name, where they live and or a phone number to the list moderator please. (Use the 'list run by' link at the bottom of the list home page when signing up)
12. Please no chat or discussing politics! Announcing a political event once is OK, keep it local.
To see the collection of prior postings to the list,
visit the TakilmaEmail
(The current archive is only available to the list
Subscribe to TakilmaEmail by filling out the following
This is a closed list, which means your subscription
will be held for approval. You will be notified of the list
moderator's decision by email. This is also a private list, which means that the
list of members is not available to non-members.